the start of your healthy living.
Got Stress? There's a Solution.
- An excess of free radicals causes oxidative stress.
- Protandim is an effective antioxidant therapy.
- Science research and literature demonstrate the importance of reducing oxidative stress.
- In living life to the fullest our bodies generate oxidative stress—a physiological imbalance between free radicals and the body’s antioxidant defense system.
Oxidative stress occurs when our cells generate dangerous byproducts known as free radicals. Free radicals, highly reactive molecules with unpaired electrons, roam the body in search of other electrons and in the process, seek out and destroy healthy cells. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals.
Science not only supports our claims, but scientific research has identified oxidative stress as a link with health and well-being. Thousands of articles, peer-reviewed and published in respected medical journals around the world, such as The International Biochemistry & Cell Biology, Volume 39, Issue 1, 2007, document the effect of "free radicals and antioxidants in normal physiological functions & human disease."
Why Nrf2 is Important to You.
- Nrf2 fights oxidative stress.
- Nrf2 helps the body regulate at peak efficiency.
- Nrf2, a protein messenger that binds itself to DNA, is the master regulator of the body’s aging process and is critical in the fight against oxidative stress.
Nrf2 communicates with cells, instructing them to do what they’re already designed to do. When activated, Nrf2 enters the nucleus of a cell and up-regulates "survival genes," genes that enable cells to survive in the face of stress from free radicals and other oxidants, and down-regulates other genes that help the body function at an optimal level.
Protandim Activates the Antioxidant Defense
Superoxide dismutase, better known as SOD, is an important antioxidant defense in nearly all cells exposed to oxygen. This enzyme was co-discovered by Dr. Joe McCord, former LifeVantage Chief Scientific Officer, and the scientist behind Protandim. Nrf2 turns on the production of SOD, which detoxifies the free radical superoxide.
Natural and Potent.
Protandim, protected by five U.S. patents, is made of five potent botanicals. Click to learn more about each ingredient and their essential role in the science of Protandim.