VP and Assistant General Counsel
The Assistant General counsel position is a critical position within the organization that provides a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to multiple in-house clients. The Assistant General Counsel manages legal matters pertaining to the organization, including but not limited to advising on matters related to securities compliance, corporate governance, corporate finance, government and regulatory compliance, and employment law. The Assistant General Counsel is also responsible for drafting and negotiating material contracts. The Assistant General Counsel should be experienced in SEC reporting, reporting systems and other securities law requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Manages SEC reporting and securities compliance
- Oversees corporate legal matters
- Manages government and regulatory compliance
- Oversees employment matters and devises company policies
- Drafts and negotiates general contracts, third party agreements, and vendor supplier relationships
- Manages external counsel
- Manages legal staff
Education and/or Experience
- Law degree with admission to a State Bar
- 3+ years of general SEC compliance / securities law experience
- 3+ years and law experience of applicable law practice experience
- Knowledge of corporate securities filings and procedures
- Experience in regulatory, contract, and employment law
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers and business community
- Superior writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize large amounts of information with attention to detail
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.