Senior Commission Analyst
Assist the Commissions Senior Manager, Corporate Controller and CFO with commission reporting, data mining and analysis. Help to define, develop and track key performance metrics related to the LifeVantage compensation plan. Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by the Finance and Sales teams and perform scenario analysis for potential changes to the compensation plan. Work with the Commissions Senior Manager to manage commission plan change projects, including performing the testing and system validation of new calculations and processes. This analyst will need to have strong data mining and reporting skills and be very knowledgeable with SQL reporting and understanding database tables and schema. Strong communication and cross-functional team skills are essential to perform this job successfully. This is a full-time, permanent position located at company headquarters in Sandy, Utah.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Perform regular commission payout reviews and analysis.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly commission reports.
- Strong ad-hoc SQL query development skills required, working knowledge of relational databases
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills, data mining, extraction, transformation & validation testing.
- Management or support of financial system implementation projects including planning, technical coordination and testing.
- Knowledge of SOX and Financial reporting requirements.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform duties with little or no supervision
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a related position required.
- Accounting, Finance or Business experience is preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a senior position with an emphasis on quantitative reasoning, statistical and analytical modeling.
- Experience sourcing data from various systems.
- 2-5 years’ experience in performing analysis using MS SQL required.
- Proven leadership and/or project management ability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, distributors and company contacts.
- Ability to work in cross-departmental teams and provide useful information in an effective, easy to understand format.
- Strong SQL skills and data understanding.
- Competent computer skills to perform essential functions listed above. DataTrax experience is preferred.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of direct sales compensation plans required.
- Motivated self-started with the ability to perform the above duties with little supervision.
- Able to work well under the pressure of meeting deadlines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.