LifeVantage is searching for a Brand Manager for the wellness category, which includes our Protandim and LV family of supplements. This position will report to the Director of Brand Management and Sr. VP of Marketing. They will manage their assigned category portfolio and lead in launching new products globally. They will work closely with people across the organization, including project management, R&D, sales, finance, operations, legal and regulatory, within the marketing team, as well as with international executives and staff.
This position requires strong experience in international supplement product development and marketing, product positioning and claim development, market research, business analysis, consumer insights, packaging, pricing, and forecasting. It requires a strategic thinker who is also creative, extremely organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage lifecycle of products in assigned brand portfolio and define strategic direction for short and long-term growth
- Use market analysis and consumer insights to identify opportunities for new products and upgrades to current lineup
- Provide briefs to product development team that include target ingredients, features, and costs
- Develop relevant and compelling product positioning, value proposition, and claim sets
- Collaborate on selection of packaging with purchasing and in-house design team
- Provide marketing copy and closely proofread supplement/nutrition facts and final label artwork
- Create go-to-market strategies, pricing, and initial sales forecasts for new products, globally
- Oversee completion of multiple operational tasks required for effective implementation when launching new products and introducing products into new markets
- Provide strategic direction for marketing materials and communications, and review for accuracy and adherence to brief
- Facilitate regulatory and marketing material reviews for multiple markets
- Provide regular updates on projects and product education to internal teams, including international markets
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration to ensure on-time product and project launches
- Monitor and report on performance of product portfolio and other business KPIs
- Develop, implement, and report on performance of product promotions
- Present to internal stakeholders and executive team
- Collaborate with external vendors as needed
- Complete brand responsibilities at in-person and digital events, including preparing for annual global convention
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, post graduate degree preferred
- 5 or more years of brand management experience from leading consumer goods companies
- Outstanding in formulating brand strategies and managing marketing executions
- Adept in working with a broad range of departments and in a global and matrix organization
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills
- Experience in working in international markets and/or roles
- Experience in Direct Selling industry is a plus
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well to people in multi-national organizations and with people in foreign subsidiaries.
- A persuasive individual with excellent presentation skills and the ability to get support for his/her programs and plans.
- An organized individual, comfortable at multi-tasking, and able to prioritize amongst many competing activities.
- Strong analytic and strategic reasoning skills, particularly as they relate to leveraging consumer insights through data mining and feedback from the field.
- Solid business acumen, able to develop plans and budgets, and then operate within those guidelines.
- Confident individual with instant credibility who is able to excel in relatively unstructured function.
- Strong leadership abilities and comfortable in a matrix organization.
- An individual with a balance of creativity and analytical skills.
- And individual who is flexible and able to respond quickly to changes in direction, with a willingness to accept and try new things.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.